Monday 28 January 2008

DAY-26

We arrived this morning in Shanghai....its freezing its minus4....yessss minus4!!!!!!!!!!!

I took the worlds fastest train (maglev shanghai's airport train). it travels at 550mph!!! and takes 7-8mins total!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We almost arrived b4 we left! This was my first great experience of China. Plus it was SNOWING....it was beautiful, apparently this was the first time it had snowed in Shanghai for a decade, so i was most privilaged to be here; but then I thought about the global warming and the obvious state of our beautiful world. :(

After a fout hour kip, I met up with some of the crew and we made post haste to the supermarket for some supplies.....
It was still snowing but the light was so bad, and my camera is a little old unfortunatley the pics make for poor viewing! I will have to invest in a video camera- SOON!
Inside the supermarket whilst my colleagues where looking at the Chinese New Year decorations I made a bee-line for the fresh produce section...he...he...he
Well they did not have an organic section, so i made do with what I had available...and so are you ready??
I bought 4 young thai coconuts
1 Durian
4 Apples
2Pears
1 bag of Kale
1 Packet of Goji berries (they were so Red in color)
Pomegrantes
4 oranges
2 Clementines (a favourite at this time of the year)
4 litres of water
1 head of celery
Royal Jelly
unwaxed lemons

(now you may be thinking, is she not going to leave the hotel, or isn't that a little extreme? but no, and here's why.....)
The guy at the concierge had told us that many places were closed due to the snowstorms and bad weather. And so given my special diet and the outside conditions I was just elated that the supermarket could indeed cater for those health seeking citizens such as myself!!!
Remember I have my personal blender with me, and my master cleanse kit with a few additions; bee pollen, greens+ powder,honey,oxC-gen tabs,spirulina+chlorella.

That evening I relaxed in a hot bath, watched some dvd's incl (Raw for life); happily drank my hotel room made veg/fruit juices and slept like a baby.....mmmmm