Sunday 29 August 2010

Star Tips and Instructions

Over time and a little bit of patience and splendid discovery you will intrinsically find what works better for you and you will be able to make your own juices that make you zing!!

After my morning glass of warm water and lemon or master cleanse.

 I'll collect my ingredients to make my Juices. I usually have around 2lbs of leafy greens, one head of celery, cucumbers, parsley, lemon and apple. You may also use carrots/pears/pineapple/oranges,berries,mint,berries nectarines.
Then I prepare the veg and fruit for juicing/blending...washing, chopping, or peeling. I like to include the whole fruit if juicing as the core nutrients are found in the core. (Apart from oranges and lemons where I peel beforehand leaving the pith intact!)

I make good use of both my blender and my juicer. For most of my green juice I prefer to use my nut mylk bag and my blender. To start I put 1/2 cup of water into the blender and then I add the chopped celery and blend, and I keep blending more chopped vegetables and or fruit until the blender is full. Leafy greens do not need to be chopped up. Check that your blender does not overheat whilst blending, a decent blender will blend up your fruit and veg quite quickly without overheating. So you will not lose out on the vital enzymes. You will eventually end up with a think pulp. Pour this into a nut mylk bag and squeeze out all the juice held over a big bowl that will catch the juice minus the pulp, which can be used on a compost. Keep going to get up to 4 liters of juice. You will end up with some glorious tasting green vegetable juice; full of vitamins, nutrients and minerals. You may also add greener grass powders or spirulina/kelp or hemp oil. Pour this into your mason jars, screw on the lids and give it a good shake; and your good to go!!