Monday 16 August 2010

DAY-1 (Juice Feast Aug 2010)

Day 1 of my JUICE FEAST and all is well! I awoke early and started with some light stretching, then prepped a days worth of juice. (4 litres)
I made a video, which I intend to do so every now and again to help keep track of the days events and also so that you all can see what Im making and consuming on a daily basis. I dont have a video camera yet!! but will fashion what I do have for now.
so, Ive just finished the 1st video...and you will see that I dont have a lot of energy! lol  Well this is the reason Im doing this....it will be very interesting to see how the changes take effect over the next few weeks.
9.30am  -I had my fabulous Morning Jump-start Green Juice. (Kale,spinach,carrots,apple,ginger,celery,cucumber).
12.00pm- 1Romaine + 3 Bananas
3.00pm - 2Apples, 1 Beet, 6 strawberry, 1 Cucumber
5 large glasses of water.
I felt very energized after my morning green juice. At lunchtime my energy levels were pretty much the same. The juice I had at 3.00pm was so delicious! I highly recommend it!!
Around 7pm I started to feel really weird. I felt as if I had a bad case of wind, in fact I then realised that I hadn't drank any tea for the whole day! I felt a strange movement moving through my upper intestines; that seemed to go no-where. I promptly drank a large cup of fennel and lemon tea. This pain went on for another 2 hours. I ran a warm bath and rested for a bit. Eventually it went away. In hindsight it could have been stress and instant detox effects, who knows.. Interestingly enough Ive not been No2 today!!
Well, I'm glad that whole entire nightmare is over and I do hope that it does not return! But on a plus note I do feel better other than that. I guess you cant ever predict how your body will respond to the detox effects. My energy levels have redeemed :-) and so now I will read myself to sleep!
Let the challenge begin....I'm ready!