Thursday 19 August 2010

Day-2

Day 2...
I awoke feeling quite groggy and very thirsty. I had to force myself out of bed as I'd promised to help my mum with some admin so I wanted to get a head start on making my juices for the day; so that I could take them with me.  I made 3 juices as i figured I should be home around 5pm to make another for dinner time. I started the day with some light stretching which felt extremely good. I still am unable to stretch my stomach muscles fully, but I feel that I'm getting stronger as each day passes and now am on the road to recovery!! Looking forward to feeling much stronger so that I can continue with my yoga and fitness routine again!!
My energy levels were quite low this afternoon, I really wanted to lie down for a bit but I was playing secretary and admin superlady...so I just drank some water and reminded myself to take things easy.
I had a bit of a drama on the way home, in my haste to get to the train station on time; I got on the wrong train which was headed for central London....dahhh so my journey home took me an extra half hour than planned...so by the time I got home I was absolutely ravenous! I tell you I don't think I EVER juiced so fast in my entire life...which explains why I made that tomato/basil....
Physically I'm still experiencing bloating and the area around my stitches still gets inflammed towards late afternoon and evening. Plus I have an internal pain in my right groin area which feels like a pulled muscle. ( All part of the healing process- I hope)...however I remain observant.
I crashed on the coach after the last smoothie and watch a nice movie and caught up with my boyfriend.
Today I consumed
Spinach/celery/Apple/cucumber/ginger (my favourite)!!
carrot/spinach
apple/celery/cucumber
tomato basil.... (this was an experiment last night at dinner time, not sure i'll have this again anytime soon!)
Instead I just had Spinach/ apple/ celery
3 glasses of water
My energy levels were quite low this afternoon, I really wanted to lie down for a bit but I was playing secretary and admin superlady...so I just drank some water and reminded myself to take things easy.
To be honest I wasn't that hungry at dinner time and I had a headache and was feeling quite spacey! I know that its early days yet but Im still adjusting as my body is detoxing; its all very interesting as I'm also getting a chance to listen to my body which helps me to remain present with myself.
I am grateful today for my health, and I know that I'm getting better.