Wednesday 8 September 2010

Day22-Weds

Hey!
I did it, I broke my Juice feast! I am in the process of trying to finish off 8 ounces of soaked prunes! I’ve managed to get down about half of the portion so far, It’s amazing how fast your stomach fills up after 22 days of nothing but liquids! I started with drinking the Juice which was really nice....yum and the prunes are very squidgy but also nice!
I want to give a heartfelt thanks to Angela Stokes for her thorough work in her Juice Feaster's Handbook and Ive adapted David Rain's Feast Breaking Protocol as follows:

If you have spent more than 24days, take 6 days to break your feast, spending two days on each section. For less days see David Rain's advice on www.juicefeasting.com

1) PRUNES
Break your feast with 8oz of organic prunes soaked overnight. This is a very gentle way to 'Jump-start' your digestion of solids again. Drink the soak water first, then eat as many prunes as you like. This is the only solid meal on the first day and a bowel movement will ideally follow after 3-6hours. (If not, use Cascara Sagrada-it is not desirable to leave this food sitting in your colon for too long. as it will begin to putrefy.)
For the second day of this phase, eat 1-2 meals of soaked prunes, preferably earlier in the day. Maintain the same amount of juices you consumed while feasting.
2) JUICY FRUITS
Continue with juices and soaked prunes meals, now adding in juicy fruits too, such as watermelon, berries, mangoes, cherries, tomatoes, cucumbers, oranges etc. Avoid denser fruits at this point, like bananas, avocadoes or durian. Try to have about half the amount of juice you were having whilst feasting-preferably keep drinking the green juices and cut back fruit juices now, as you start to eat fruits instead. Eat the juicy fruits as regular meals.
3) SALADS
The final stage is to begin to add in salads, while still having juices,prunes and juice fruits as suits you. Use tender leafy salad greens,sprouts and very simple dressing such as flax oil and lemon juice-avoid creamy dressing at this point. You can now begin to add in fatty foods like avocados and raw olives. 

Now is also a good time to begin taking White Oak Bark and Ginger Root Capsules to shrink the colon, aid elimination and repair any prolapses, plus stone-breaker to help the body release any kidney/liver/gallbladder stones. You may also find it beneficial to begin taking the Ayurvedic remedy 'Triphala' now as powder for the next 6 months to a year, which works gently to rebuild peristalsis and tone the colon.


This has been an profound journey. I hadn't really decided how long I was going to feast for, I decided to go with the flow and to let my body tell me when that would be right. However, I had decided to break now due to several factors. The biggest factor was that my mind and heart was not fully into it anymore, my green juice was increasingly getting harder and harder to get down. I tried changing from Spinach to Kale and introducing more fruit juices, which worked well for a while but amazingly I started to miss my green juice... and ironically once I'd made it...guess what?.....yup i didn't want it!!! lol
So then, the timing was spot on for me. So for the past week I just drank what I could and observed...Finally my body told me that it was time to end it. I realized I also missed crunching and biting food, the juice was just not cutting it any longer!...
So..... here I am, in this 3 day transition back into the real world. It feels a little strange...The plus side is that I will still be juicing and blending my fruits and vegetables forever more, obviously not the same quantity and when blending I will keep the fiber in.!!

If you have been JFeasting for less than 24 days, divide the number of days feasted by 4. This is the number of days you will take to break the feast. Then divide that number by 3 to see how many days you will be taking for each phase of the Feast breaking. (E.g. if you have juiced for 12 days, you divide 12 by 4  to find that you will break your Feast over 3 days. So, you would take 1 whole day for each step of the Feast-breaking protocol.) So go and celebrate...you deserve it!

Right now I feel immense gratitude to myself for all the love and attention I've allowed myself to accept over the last 3 weeks....I feel happy and very loved. Juice Feasting takes a whole lot of discipline and determination and I whole-heartedly encourage you to GO FOR IT!....its not always easy but the sheer challenge is what kept me going to be honest with you.
As a whole You are ultimatley always in control and will always be respnsable for your life!! JF helps to open your heart chakra so many truths are revealed to you along your journey...there are many uncovered gems that are out there for the taking you just have to raise your vibration level high enough to be able to see them clearly! Get Juicing..... sip sip

Please check back in for post-feast highlights, pics and more!!